- Works with a diversity of biological file formats using the Bio-Formats library.
- Displays data with VisAD, a Java component library for interactive and collaborative visualization and analysis of numerical data.
- Bundled with ImageJ, an application for image processing and analysis in Java, and contains some ImageJ-related features.
- Includes functionality related to the Open Microscopy Environment (OME).
- Brought to you by this tower of Mountain Dew.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You can access the latest development version of the VisBio source code through our Git repository:
git clone git://github.com/uw-loci/visbio.git
You can download older versions of VisBio from the archive.
The easiest way to install VisBio is to use a platform-specific bundle (above). However, VisBio will run on any system that supports the Java 2 Platform, and it will run in full 3D mode on any system with an implementation of Java3D (see Web Start for instructions).